Wednesday, March 07, 2007

MIMS “It’s Alright,”

This song makes a lot more sense as a message than “This Is Why I’m Hot,” but does little to make sense of just what space MIMS occupies.

I picked this up from allhiphop.com, it’ll be there for a little while longer. Further search for the track, which must just be a mixtape dumper, reveals a realraptalk.com message board thread indicating that the beat was jacked from an unknown Fabolous song, or at least sounds enough like it to appear jacked. Meanwhile, Grape_Rom, djpositiv, kartoon, and kolizon2003 an argument about as apathetic and unresolved as “This Is Why I’m Hot,” albeit more concise:


Grape_Rom: this beat sucks…
This song sucks…

Djpozitiv: yes…SUCKS to me!

[. . .]

Kartoon: yo lay off dude

Kolizion2003: thanks


Perhaps MIMS’s semi-success has to do with little more than rhyming mediocre over jacked beats and just making songs that lack internal coherence. “This Is Why I’m Hot”: “I can sell a mill saying nothing on the track.” He knows what he’s doing but not how.

No comments: