Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Broke My Kingpin



No, no, no! Like this!



I was trying some half-cab kickflips on a slanty part of the school playground (you couldn't even call it a bank, really, more like a credit union) near my apartment today (thanks, unemployment!) when of a sudden the metal thing that holds two of my wheels to my board (the truck hanger) flew away from the board in a curlicue motion that looked a lot like a helicopter after James Bond shot the tail propeller.

This is doubly unfortunate because tomorrow I return home to visit my family and watch an old friend get married (gift: silicone measuring cups, set of five - I gave matching track suits to the last friends who got married, but that was before I heard of online gift registries). I had planned on checking out a new skatepark they built by my old high school since January when I last visited, but now I'm going to have to sample the wares using someone else's equipment.

Here's what a half-cab kickflip looks like.



Time for bed, because I'm waking up at 3 a.m. for a change.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: