Thursday, June 07, 2007

Songs about Lip Gloss Have Been Brought to My Attention

For people who listen to the radio it is not surprising that there is a Lil' Mama named Lil' Mama who raps about lip gloss and makes aforementioned adored #1 Rihanna hit into a remix that is better than the original song (a feat that is no longer a feat, given early-stages "What Means the World to You," more-recent albeit maligned "Back Then," and practically contemporary "Rehab," but perhaps noteworthy only in that it's becoming a thing, rather than an aberration). At any rate, there is much exegesis to be parlayed about over the "My Lip Gloss is Poppin'" phenom. Not to mention ideas about whether this Lil' Mama is Lil' in the sense of being short or being young (I think it's the former because she looks 40-ish), and whether or not she's an actual Mama who begs her daughter to make her into Lil' Grandma.

But I've been writing cover letters all day so that whole shimmy and a shake will have to wait till tomorrow after I send some more cover letters and my brain is actually working (see above sentences).

No comments: