Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Enrique Lorenzo's Song in Round 2

For eight years I've wondered what beautiful Spanish song Enrique Lorenzo skateboards to in Rodney Mullen vs. Daewon Song: Round 2. The answer is "Como tu ninguna" by Niña Pastori. If there was a straight YouTube of the thing I'd embed it. But for now we'll just have to deal with hyperlinks to the montage from Round 2.

What a load off my mind. I love the kids singing in the chorus.
de aquí­ p'alla se mueve en la cuna
de aquí­ p'alla como flor de luna
de aquí­ p'alla se mueve en la cuna
y al compás como tu ninguna


This means, from my limited Spanish ability and some help from AltaVista, "from here to there it moves in the cradle from here to there like the moon shines from here to there it moves in the cradle (here's where I really lose it) and to the compass there's no one like you."

Apparently it's flamenco. Maybe that's not even Spanish. Maybe it's Catalan. Now Catalan, that's a language I can get behind.

Here's the h-link as promised. The chorus happens at about 3:30.

I haven't heard any more of the song than what you get in that clip. A problem to be regulated.

No comments: