Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Thing About Ninja Turtles

In one line from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the mutants are walking through the sewer, presumably near their house.

Michaelangelo says something like "Where are we, 11th and Bleecker?" Then he sniffs, and says "Nope. This is only 9th Street. Get it?"

First of all, I don't get that joke.

Second, we can conclude from this piece of dialog that the Ninja Turtles live somewhere in downtown Manhattan, presumably within walking distance of the West Village. If they took the subway, they'd take the ACE. I always thought they were more East Village types but it was the 90s when the Turtles had their adventures. Those were different times.

I have some other things to discuss regarding Ninja Turtles but this is good for now.

2 comments:

Frungi said...

I know it’s been over a decade, but did you ever figure out that joke? That’s what brought me here.

Chickenlady0110 said...

Right?!?